In mary mains research utilizing the adult attachment interview she developed she found that unresolved trauma and loss in a parents life is the best predictor of disorganized attachment between a parent and child. In disorganized attachment the parent reacts to the childs upset by being frightened or frightening to the child themself compounding the childs fear. These findings support the conceptualization of disorganized attachment as one key precursor in the development of dissociation however contrary to liottis model the findings also suggest that disorganization of attachment may be more central to the development of dissociation than the trauma itself
How it works:
1. Register a Free 1 month Trial Account.
2. Download as many books as you like ( Personal use )
3. No Commitment. Cancel anytime.
4. Join Over 100.000 Happy Readers.
5. That's it. What you waiting for? Sign Up and Get Your Books.